Property & Construction
Find out about our approach to managing sustainability in our properties and construction projects
Commitments and targets
- Adopt a sustainable approach to deliver smarter acquisition and investment decisions;
- Apply sustainable design and specification principles to new and existing sites;
- Embed sustainable practices within the procurement of products and services for our estate;
- Drive sustainable construction through using innovative materials, minimising our use of resources, enhancing our local communities and ensuring full delivery and handover against design expectations;
- Improve the efficiency of our buildings through optimising operational performance and promoting sustainable behaviour.
Internationally, we operate within a range of different legislative environments and economic frameworks. As a result, there is myriad legislation that we need to adhere to. For example, in the UK major pieces of legislation include the Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting Scheme, Building Regulations, minimum energy efficiency standards, F-Gas regulations, and of course town and country planning.
- Certified to all three Carbon Trust Standards for our achievements in carbon, water and waste reduction
- Certified to ISO 50001:2011 the international Energy Management Systems standard for our internal energy management systems and processes in the UK and Republic of Ireland
- Awarded The Wildlife Trust Biodiversity Benchmark in recognition of our efforts at Cheshire Oaks