M&S SPARKS CUSTOMERS TO RECEIVE 50% OFF AT OVER 130 ENGLISH HERITAGE HISTORIC SITES THIS SUMMER
- M&S announces partnership with English Heritage to give Sparks customers 50% DISCOUNT at 133 pay-to-enter English Heritage sites this summer – STARTING ON FRIDAY!
- From Stonehenge to Whitby Abbey - with English Heritage, there’s something for everyone. Once there, customers can also enjoy 10% discount on items bought from any on-site shop/café*.
- Sparks customers will receive a unique promo code into their Sparks Hub on the M&S App which can be redeemed at checkout for 50% discount on pre-booked tickets.
M&S is delighted to announce it is partnering with English Heritage to give Sparks customers 50% off at over 130 historic sites, properties and landmarks this summer.
The partnership is the latest example of M&S’ efforts to create a leading, personalised loyalty programme - with relevant offers, rewarding experiences and donations to causes customers care about every time they shop - all housed together in the M&S App.
How to claim
From Friday (June 4), Sparks customers will receive a unique promo code via their Sparks Hub on the M&S App which they can then use to claim the 50% discount. The code should be entered on the English Heritage website at checkout in order to unlock the promotion. Only one code is needed per booking and each code can be used as many times and for as many guests as desired, however customers will need to present their Sparks card and booking confirmation to gain entry on the day.
The code enables customers to claim 50% off pre-booked tickets for 133 English Heritage sites this year, including Stonehenge, Dover Castle, Whitby Abbey and Walmer Castle - the perfect way for families to enjoy a staycation summer. Once there, Sparks customers will be able to enjoy a further 10% discount at all on-site English Heritage shops and restaurants when they spend £5.
Full terms & conditions can be found below.
Danielle Papagapiou, Head of Loyalty at M&S said: “Alongside our ever popular in-store treats and rewards, our relaunched Sparks scheme also brings fantastic experiences and discounts to Sparks customers. We’re delighted to be launching this amazing deal with English Heritage which comes at a perfect time for our 10m+ customers, with the kickstart of summer now upon us and many planning a staycation holiday. As we all start to prepare our plans for the summer, we know these 133 sites will be incredibly popular with families up and down the country - and with even more partnerships in the pipeline, there’s never been a better time to join Sparks and take advantage of its many benefits this summer and beyond.”
Louise Dando, Head of Visitor Marketing at English Heritage said: “We’re delighted to be teaming up with M&S to bring Sparks customers half price admission to some of England’s most important historic sites this summer. From the majestic Dover Castle in Kent to the unique palace-by-the sea of Osborne on the Isle of Wight to the glorious gardens of Brodsworth Hall in South Yorkshire, all our sites have amazing tales to tell and offer a day out to remember for everyone. So whether you’re planning to visit whilst holidaying in England or just on a day trip from home, we hope this great offer will inspire many more to step into England’s story, and at the same time, help our charity to care for these amazing places for future generations to enjoy.”
Good things happen every time you shop
The partnership with English Heritage is the latest example of M&S’s commitment to offering rewarding and engaging experiences for its Sparks customers following its relaunch as a digital first loyalty scheme last year.
As part of this, M&S has also been surprising and delighting one customer per store per week by gifting them their entire basket for free. Over 55k customers have won their shopping in this way – including Mr & Mrs Jarvis (to be) at our Milton Keynes store who won £3400 worth of furniture for their new home (right).
Since relaunch, more than 3 million additional customers have joined Sparks, taking the total member base to over 10 million – and the M&S Loyalty team are continually looking for new innovative ways to reward, interact and engage with this growing community.
Notes to editors:
* The Promotion entitles Sparks customers to 50% off advance admission tickets to "pay to enter" English Heritage sites across the country as well as 10% off in all English Heritage owned shops and cafes when you spend £5 or more.
TO JOIN SPARKS, CLICK HERE. GOOD THINGS HAPPEN EVERY TIME YOU SHOP.
- Sparks was relaunched as a digital first loyalty scheme in July 2020, with the customer promise that good things happen every time you shop.
- The partnership with English Heritage is the latest example of M&S’s commitment to offering rewarding and engaging experiences for its Sparks members.
- A key part of the refreshed scheme is the instant, personalised rewards that customers receive in their Sparks Hub on the M&S App. Since the scheme relaunched, over 4 million free treats have been given away to customers – including 169k Apothecary candles, 72k fresh avocadoes, and 1.5m packets of Percy Pigs.
- As part of the scheme, M&S surprises and delights one customer per store per week by gifting them their entire basket for free – and to celebrate the reopening of non-essential retail in April, this was increased to one customer per store per day. To date, over 55k customers have won their shopping in this way – including Mr & Mrs Jarvis (to be) at our Milton Keynes store who won £3400 worth of furniture for their new home.
- Since relaunch, more than 3 million additional customers have joined Sparks, taking the total member base to over 10 million.
List of paid English Heritage sites:
LONDON AND EAST
Ashby de la Zouch Castle
Audley End House
Castle Acre Priory
The Home of Charles Darwin, Down House
Eltham Palace & Gardens
Hardwick Old Hall
Kirby Muxloe Castle
Lincoln Bishops Palace
Lyddington Bede House
Marble Hill House
Rushton Triangular Lodge
Aldborough Roman Site
Barton St Peter's Church
Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens
Birdoswald Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall
Brodsworth Hall and Gardens
Chesters Roman Fort and Museum - Hadrian's Wall
Clifford's Tower, York
Corbridge Roman Town - Hadrian's Wall
Housesteads Roman Fort - Hadrian's Wall
Mount Grace Priory
Stott Park Bobbin Mill
Thornton Abbey and Gatehouse
Tynemouth Priory and Castle
York Cold War Bunker
1066 Battle of Hastings, Abbey and Battlefield
Lullingstone Roman Villa
Medieval Merchants House
Richborough Roman Fort
St Augustine's Abbey
Walmer Castle and Gardens
Berry Pomeroy Castle
Boscobel House and The Royal Oak
Chysauster Ancient Village
Farleigh Hungerford Castle
Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden
Old Wardour Castle
Sherborne Old Castle
St Mawes Castle
Witley Court and Gardens
Wroxeter Roman City
Terms and conditions:
To celebrate summer, Sparks customers can claim 50% off pre-booked tickets to pay-to-enter English Heritage sites. With more than 130 pay-to-enter sites across the country, you’ll be able to discover England’s magnificent past and go back in time and see the places where history happened. From majestic castles to beautiful historic gardens and imposing forts and defences to world-famous prehistoric sites, there is something for everyone. Click on the link below, enter your unique promo code at checkout to claim your discount and enjoy summer with Sparks.
About the Promotion
- This promotion is being operated by Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”) and English Heritage Trust of The English House, Firefly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH ("English Heritage").
- M&S have collaborated with English Heritage to offer unlimited Sparks members the opportunity to claim 50% off advance admission tickets to "pay to enter" English Heritage sites across the country as well as 10% off in all English Heritage owned shops and cafes when you spend £5 or more, in line with the wider T&C’s below (the "Promotion").
- Full English Heritage terms and conditions can be found here.
- Full See Tickets terms and conditions can be found here.
- By claiming the Promotion you agree to the below terms and conditions and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the Promotion.
- The Promotion entitles Sparks members to 50% off advance admission tickets to "pay to enter" English Heritage sites across the country as well as 10% off in all English Heritage owned shops and cafes when you spend £5 or more.
- This Promotion is open only to permanent UK residents who are aged 18 or over.
- The Promotion will be available from 04/06/2021 until 30/09/2021.
- You must be a Sparks member to take part in this Promotion.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
- The Promotion excludes the following dates: 28th- 30th August (August Bank Holiday Weekend) but includes all other peak and off-peak dates for promotional period.
- The Promotion is not available for bookings at Tintagel Castle, Cornwall.
- The Promotion is applicable on adult, children, senior and family tickets but excludes English Heritage membership, Overseas Visitor Passes and Stone Circle Access for Stonehenge tickets.
- The Promotion is available on advanced bookings only.
- No limit on redemptions or amount of bookings per customer within promotional period.
How to claim
- In order to claim the Promotion, you must click on the link in the email you receive or via the link in the Sparks hub. The link will direct you to here - www.english-heritage.org.uk/sparks (“Website”);
- We will provide you with a promotional code within the email you receive or within the Sparks hub (the "Promo Code"). This Promo Code should be entered on the Website at checkout in order to unlock the Promotion.
- Choose the venue you would like to visit, date, number of tickets and then enter your details at checkout (full name, email address, address, card details) onto the Website along with the Promo Code to use the Promotion. M&S will not share any customer data with English Heritage or See Tickets. Please note, See Tickets are the operators of the English Heritage booking site. Full T&C’s for the See Tickets booking website can be found here.
- Once you have successfully completed the booking process, you will be sent digital tickets which you can either print or show on your digital device at the chosen attraction on your chosen date. It is your responsibility to check any junk/spam folders in your email account to ensure that you are in receipt of all relevant communications.
- You must also show your Sparks card (either within app or physical), to show that you are a Sparks customer, when you show your tickets at entrance of your chosen attraction.
- Always check opening dates and times before your intended visit on the relevant attraction by visiting here- www.english-heritage.org.uk