M&S' pledge to protect sea life and beaches.
All our wild fish comes from the most sustainable sources available to us, such as either certified as sustainable, participating in a Fishery Improvement Project or working to make improvements with WWF. Through our partnerships with Marine Conservation Society and WWF we’re helping to protect our sea life and beaches for the future.
Forever Fish has three main objectives:
- help to protect and save our precious sea life, oceans and beaches for future generations to enjoy
- encourage eating of lesser known and British fish species, without compromising on quality
- involving volunteers in cleaning our beaches, and teaching their children about fish
How will we do it?
- By donating all the profits from the sale of food carrier bags to WWF, MCS and an education programme to protect the marine environment
- selling great tasting, great quality lesser-known species
- asking volunteers to help clean beaches around the UK twice a year and record data on the types and amounts of litter found