Marks & Spencer Chief Executive, Marc Bolland, today (13th September) opened M&S' unique new store at Westfield, Stratford City.
With 136,000 sq ft of selling space over four floors, M&S Stratford is one of the company's largest stores packed with the latest ‘Only at Your M&S' innovations and customer experiences.
Following the opening, Marc Bolland said: “Our store showcases the very best of M&S to an international audience, which is exactly why we are delighted to be an anchor retailer here at Westfield, Stratford City.
“The unique location of the centre has allowed us to create a special, one of a kind M&S store perfectly positioned to maximise on the excitement that next year will bring.”
Westfield, Stratford City features some of the new concepts that are being trialled under M&S' previously announced pilot store plan. This aims to improve the customer journey through improved navigation, a better store layout and more inspiring in-store customer experiences.
Westfield, Stratford City store features include:
- Clothing: Each clothing brand is now very clearly segmented, with distinct brand identities that allow customers to see which brand best meets their personal style preferences. This is highlighted for customers through unique branding, visual merchandising kit and propping.
- For example, Limited Collection has an edgy, fashion-focused feel with a catwalk framed by a metal arch. An ethnically casual look for Indigo includes trestle tables and denim mannequins, whilst a sports-inspired look for Blue Harbour has authentic wooded sporting equipment and a large canvass sail. per una is true to its brand values with a feminine and vibrant look highlighted with white-washed wooden wardrobes and chandeliers. Autograph is luxurious and sophisticated with a black glass table and grey posed mannequins.
- Home: at 17,000 sq ft it is one of the biggest M&S home departments in the UK and the first to include the new contemporary range, Conran Exclusive Design only at M&S.
- Foodhall: the store's new-look Foodhall showcases the quality and freshness of M&S food, better highlighting M&S' position as a speciality food retailer. Over 1,000 new M&S products will be available, including 100 international ambient brands that are newly and exclusively available at M&S.
- Additionally the store boasts a 26 linear ft Deli counter offering 110 new and exclusive M&S lines including carved meats, pasta sauces, raw and cooked meats, cheeses, salads and fish. Customers can also select from range of fresh pasta that will be made onsite to order, as well a selection of poultry from a rotisserie.
- A new in-store Bakery will offer a range of speciality breads, pastries and cakes; with a selection of bread baked onsite from raw dough. All bread can be freshly sliced.
- M&S Café: M&S' 300th and largest ever café (250 seats) with a new design and panoramic views. There is also a smaller 60-seat M&S Café which is situated on the link bridge between the store and the shopping centre.
- Windows: new charcoal coloured mannequins, lighting and props give a dramatic look to the store's windows which include multimedia TV displays showing latest offers, what's in store and editorial-style catwalk videos and fashion tips.
The store has created over 550 new jobs for Stratford, and Store Manager, Lee Boon, has recruited a team of employees with over 1,000 years of retail experience between them.
After the opening celebrations, Lee said: “I am immensely proud to be leading a great team of people in the most important new M&S store for some time. Together, we have built an amazing store for our customers that we hope will surprise and delight them.”
Plan A, M&S' eco and ethical programme, has been at the heart of the store's development. It is M&S' most operationally carbon efficient to date, and is the second of M&S' Plan A ‘Sustainable Learning' stores that are part of M&S' drive to become the world's most sustainable major retailer by 2015.
For further information, or to request images or interviews, please contact:
M&S Corporate PR 020 8718 1919
Store trading hours
Monday 1000 – 2100
Tuesday 1000 – 2100
Wednesday 1000 – 2100
Thursday 1000 – 2100
Friday 1000 – 2100
Saturday 0900 – 2000
Sunday 1100 – 1700
Unit D3, Stratford City Development
London E15 1AA
Back to press releases index
Back to top