menu back search store finder

M&S Today

Discover more about the M&S business today – how we are improving the shopping experience, expanding our international business and working with partners to grow the M&S brand

M&S Today

Discover more about the M&S business today – how we are improving the shopping experience, expanding our international business and working with partners to grow the M&S brand

M&S Today

Discover more about the M&S business today – how we are improving the shopping experience, expanding our international business and working with partners to grow the M&S brand read more

M&S Today

Discover more about the M&S business today – how we are improving the shopping experience, expanding our international business and working with partners to grow the M&S brand read more

M&S Today

M&S is one of the UK's leading retailers, with over 1,330 stores worldwide.

We are committed to delivering sustainable value for our shareholders and enhancing lives every day through the high quality, own brand food, clothing and home products we offer in our stores and online both in the UK and internationally.

We sell high quality, great value products to 33 million customers through our 852 UK stores and our e-commerce platform.  Our business has two divisions: Food which accounts for 57% of our turnover, and General Merchandise, which accounts for the remaining 43%.  We have market leading positions in Womenswear, Lingerie and Menswear.  

Our M&S.com flagship positions us as a leading multi-channel retailer.  Launched in February 2014, the website gives us flexibility to cater to customers' changing shopping habits, whether they are shopping online via their mobile, on a tablet, or at Shop Your Way points in our stores.  The site now has over 7 million registered users.

M&S has 480 wholly-owned, jointly-owned or franchised stores in 59 territories across Europe, Asia and the Middle East.  Our International business now includes a fast-growing standalone Food operation, meaning that more people around the world can enjoy our delicious, innovative food products.  Our significant physical presence overseas is complemented by country-specific General Merchandise websites.

Plan A, our ethical and environmental programme, underpins everything we do, from sourcing responsibly and reducing waste to helping the communities in which we operate.  It is a business plan that maps out our route to providing leadership in a world that's increasingly resource-constrained and experiencing social change. 

> READ MORE IN OUR 2015 ANNUAL REPORT ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD AS A PDF

> READ MORE IN OUR 2015 PLAN A REPORT ONLINE OR DOWNLOAD AS A PDF